Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Monday, February 12, 2018

Hunger Strike Day 1: Messages from the band




  • As a sign of solidarity with those in need across our state, I will fast 2 days a week, on Mondays and Fridays, during the Hunger Strike you are undertaking.  I will also offer up my Lenten observances for the cause of stopping  LD 1781.     ~ Connie Jenkins, Orono, Maine

  • I choose to be in the trumpet section!  ~ Patricia (Pasha) Warren Huntington, Bath, Maine

  • I'll fast on the 12th with you. Good luck with it!   ~ Don Kimball, South Portland, Maine

  • I wish I was living closer to Bath so I could join you in your BIW vigil/flyering. Having been sick for so much of the last few months, since returning from Okinawa, I need to try to regain some strength in my immune system, so I can’t join you for the entire time of your open-ended hunger strike, but I will be joining you for a part of it. In Solidarity.   ~ Russell Wray, Hancock, Maine

  • I like the pan-pipes!  ~ Eric Herter, Brunswick, Maine

  • We admire you but we are a little worried at this news. I think turning your anger and frustration to fuel a hunger strike will inspire others.   ~ Lisa Savage, Solon, Maine

  • I wish Bruce the best with his hunger strike. I hope he has some advice as to how to do such a strike. Keep me up to date. The Smedleys [VFP chapter in Boston] have a meeting on Monday. I will let them know.  ~ Pat Scanlon, Andover, Massachusetts

  • Thank you, Bruce  ~ Alice Bolstridge, Presque Isle, Maine

  • I’m definitely a big drum guy. Or guitar. Or harmonica!  ~ Bob Klotz, South Portland, Maine

  • I also wish you strength and good health in the hunger strike.  ~ Lorry Fleming, Bath, Maine

  • I will commit to a modified fast and will be standing next to you in spirit.  ~ Christine DeTroy, Brunswick, Maine
 
  • Thank you for your amazing steady work.  ~ Nick Baker, Veazie, Maine
 
  • Any help you need with signage let me know.   ~ Brown Lethem, Bath, Maine

  • I have contacted both my Senator (R) and Representative (D) a couple of times about this disgraceful bill. Thanks for keeping me and others in the loop. I'll be with you in spirit outside BIW.  ~ Peter Garrett, Winslow, Maine

  • Where is our solidarity?  That's an excellent question.  I find it difficult to get a response to a basic hello.  Anything more sophisticated than that….????  ~ Joe Ciarrocca, Brunswick, Maine

  • I'll pile on soon. Our next-door neighbor, a vigorous widow, is talking up the matter with her circle -- I'll urge her to write a letter to editor also. Fortunately, our legislator is firmly opposed to the bill.  ~ John Peck, Brunswick, Maine

  • With you Bro! [and he shaved his head in solidarity]  ~ Regis Tremblay, Brunswick, Maine

  • I will be returning to live in the US with my family later this year and hope to join you someday soon on the street.  ~ Jason Von Meding, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia

  • BIW must be very worried about your "one man band", Bruce but you and I both know there are a lot more members to your group. Make 'em dance!  ~ Joyce Katzberg, Warren, Rhode Island

  • I agree 100% will do my best to contact my representatives.  ~ David Fortier, Biddeford, Maine

  • A man with justice on his mind.  ~ Mark Roman, Solon, Maine

  • Maybe those workers who walk right past you will be deeply affected by your action (reminds me of something at some US Airbase some time ago...). Take care of yourself, keep warm, please stay solid in your solidarity.  ~ Jill Gough, Ceredigion, Wales
  •  Best wishes for the hunger strike - take care of yourself, thinking of you!  ~ Dave Webb, Leeds, England

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home