Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....
- Name: Bruce K. Gagnon
- Location: Bath, Maine, United States
Saturday, November 05, 2016
A Different Version of Crimea Story
Regis Tremblay's interview from his recent Russia trip.
Here is a wonderful conversation with Eugenia Konstantynova, a very bright and articulate resident of Yalta in Crimea. Eugenia is an English teacher. Here's the first of a few conversations I have had with people in Crimea about what really happened there after the coup in Kiev. You will see that the US/NATO narrative about Crimea returning to Russia is a categorical lie.
Eugenia explains how life is now since Crimea's return to the Russian Federation, and how President Putin is loved and respected all over Crimea.
Eugenia was once an interpreter for Hillary Clinton in Crimea, but says she would not vote for her.
She also shares her views on the situation in Syria.
Be sure to listen to her comments directed to Americans....at the very end.
Friday, November 04, 2016
US-NATO Gun Slingers Buildup on Russian Border
The US Army will deploy nearly 6,000 troops, along with tanks, infantry vehicles, heavy howitzers, and combat helicopters to step up its “armored presence” in Eastern Europe, where a massive NATO buildup to counter an “assertive” Russia is underway.
This is the latest in a series of recent US and NATO-led deployments in the Baltic states and Eastern Europe. Earlier, the bloc sent up to 4,000 troops to the region as part of a multinational unit that includes US, German, British, and Canadian battalions.
Norway, a Nordic country bordering Russia in the north, will see a “limited rotational force” of approximately 330 Marines deploying at the Vaernes military base in January of 2017.
In the Black Sea, the US and NATO maintain a naval task force, along with Aegis Ashore ballistic missile defense sites in Romania that became operational earlier this year. The second missile defense compound is expected to go online in Poland next year.
The heavy buildup appears perfectly fit the current mood of Western policymakers. On Thursday, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, NATO’s former Secretary General, openly called upon the US to be “a world policeman to restore international law and order.”
Pilger Interviews Assange: Saudi Arabia Funding ISIS & Clinton Foundation
John Pilger, who is preparing to release his new film The Coming War on China, interviews Julian Assange from Wikileaks about the sources of funding for both ISIS and the Clinton Foundation. They are largely one and the same.
The fact that as Secretary of State Clinton approved massive weapons sales to Saudi Arabia after receiving foundation donations from Riyadh clearly indicates major moral and ethical conflicts that should rule out her fitness to be president.
Thursday, November 03, 2016
Yes we prayed
on our knees
was far too busy
for the Chicago Cubs
a World Series.
The good lord
point to the heavens
the batters box
So our deep
about the condition
in corporate cash
for another day.
God is just too busy.
sent down a message
from on high
deal with it.
I thought you were
So we are
'will of the governed'
but the people
resigned to their fate
the boob tube
Why would anyone
look to Washington
Pray for us
if you will.
all the help
we can get
we don't really
Wednesday, November 02, 2016
Electoral Predictions: Creeping into the Big War
- I'll be so glad when this 'election' circus is over next week. The eventual outcome is bad no matter who wins though I continue to believe that Hillary will be selected. The concerted effort of the western media to prop up the Clinton campaign will likely ensure she moves back into the White House.
- The most concerning thing to me is how many so-called peaceniks, leftists, liberals, or progressives are taking the bait and voting for Hillary even though her record indicates that she is an agent of Wall Street, the insurance industry, the weapons corporations, fossil fuel companies, the corporate media and the rest of the ruling class. The Trump foil strategy has worked well to ensure that the American people are frightened to death by what they've seen and heard on the media. One of my sisters called this morning to say she early voted for Hillary - saying that she feared Trump would push the nuclear button. That idea was likely planted into her brain from a Hillary campaign commercial in a re-play of the Johnson-Goldwater election of 1964. As it turned out it was the Democrat Lyndon Johnson that escalated the war in Vietnam.
- Looking at what is going on in this moment from the Obama administration reveals the outlines of what will follow from a Clinton administration. It was Hillary that first wrote and talked about the US 'pivot' of 60% of Pentagon forces into the Asia-Pacific to encircle China and Russia. It was Hillary as Secretary of State that helped put into place the coup in Honduras and Ukraine. She actively supported the war in Iraq and the take down of Libya and Syria. Expect more of the same with her as president.
- Yesterday it was reported that the US is deploying Marines to Norway's Vaernes military base, roughly 600 miles from the Norwegian-Russian border. NATO meets in Brussels today to discuss plans to boost its military presence along the 'eastern flank'. NATO war ministers will address the plan to keep rotational forces in the Baltics and Poland as part of an effort to deter 'Russian aggression.' The aggression is essentially a one-way street coming from the US-NATO toward Russia and China. Japan (Okinawa being the main deployment site) and Poland are being ramped up to become the primary centers of Pentagon military operations against Beijing and Moscow.
- The US is committed to regime change in Beijing and Moscow which is literally playing with fire. Hillary (who did a demonic laugh after Muammar Gaddafi was killed in the streets of Libya by US backed terrorists) will now become the lead spear carrier for the US. Many 'liberal' Democrats, who have peace bumper stickers on their cars, will give her a pass and sit back on their hands while the US sticks that nuclear-tipped spear up the arse of Russia and China. When we call for protests against Clinton war moves it will be tough to get many of her voters to join us. They will be invested in protecting her against criticism and they will swallow the demonization of Russia and China that will be coming non-stop from the TV.
Monday, October 31, 2016
The Council of Pirates
Listen to the People
William Griffin from Veterans For Peace spoke with RT news on October 27th, 2016 about his time at Standing Rock, North Dakota.
I was with Will last December in South Korea and Okinawa and again last August in Korea. He is an outstanding activist and a good man with a conscience. I'd call Will a warrior for peace and justice.
He has an excellent article in Common Dreams that you can read here
Sunday, October 30, 2016
The Putin Doctrine
Worth listening to - see a side of Putin that the western media never shows the public.
The Hidden History of America
Daniel Sheehan was lead attorney for the Christic Institute that helped blow open the Iran-Contra scandal during the late 1980's.
The Christic Institute represented the Florida Coalition for Peace & Justice when we went into federal court in 1989 to try to stop NASA's Galileo launch of plutonium-238 into space.
Sheehan knows the story about America's fascist 'Deep state' as well as anyone.