Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....
- Name: Bruce K. Gagnon
- Location: Bath, Maine, United States
Saturday, September 06, 2014
NATO SPEARHEAD TO AIM AT RUSSIA
Russia's Foreign ministry says the announcement the bloc will hold military drills with Ukraine will only increase tensions. The decision was made public at the NATO summit in Wales, where the alliance also agreed to create a rapid reaction force for Eastern Europe, made up of thousands of troops. RT's Harry Fear reports.
Friday, September 05, 2014
LONG BEEN KNOWN THAT CIA CONTROLS MEDIA
The CIA and Associated Press intelligence reporter Ken Dilanian regularly collaborated on stories promoting the spy agency’s image, according to a report by The Intercept. Documents obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request show how during his time with the Los Angeles Times, Ken Dilanian worked with the agency to more positively portray CIA actions, at times explicitly promising positive news coverage, according to the report. RT’s Lindsay France digs into the newly revealed documents to explore the depth of the relationship.
CEASEFIRE IN UKRAINE FOR NOW
Kiev officials and representatives of the two self-proclaimed republics in southeastern Ukraine have agreed to a ceasefire, as the contact group met behind closed doors in Belarus.
NATO'S MISSION CREEP INTO ENDLESS OFFENSE
To discuss the latest developments in Ukraine and at NATO’s summit in Wales, RT is joined live by British investigative journalist Tony Gosling and political analyst Chris Bambery.
Thursday, September 04, 2014
AT LAST SOME TIME OFF
After another eight hour drive MB and I returned to Maine yesterday from Syracuse, New York. We arrived at the lake island home of a friend where we will stay for two days. This morning we both went for a kayak paddle around the lake and I just came in from an invigorating swim. The water is cool but not cold and felt wonderful. Next up is some reading while sitting in the sun and some lazing around.
On Saturday we'll drive to Belfast where a peace festival is being held. I'll speak on a panel along with a couple other members of Maine Veterans for Peace.
NATO PUSHES FOR EXPANDED MILITARY SPENDING
NATO pushes its "member" states to increase military spending as the global alliance turns Russia and China into enemies and reinvigorates war in Iraq.
NATO fits the term of war machine now more than ever.
Tuesday, September 02, 2014
NATO PUSHES PROVOCATIVE EXPANSION
Russia announced on Tuesday it will revise its military doctrine in response to a NATO proposal to develop a rapid response force in Eastern Europe and deploy rotating, quasi-permanent troops to countries on Russia’s border. Meanwhile, European leaders are considering imposing tougher sanctions.
DRONE COURT IN NEW YORK
MB and I have arrived in Syracuse, New York for my appearance in DeWitt town court - this evening at 7:00 pm. This is for my April, 2013 arrest at the local drone base here called Hancock Field. On that occasion there were 30-some of us arrested at the base that remotely pilots drones over Afghanistan & Pakistan and god knows where else. This will be my third time before this court. I am not certain what will happen tonight.
We made the drive out of Maine yesterday in huge traffic as summer tourists were leaving the state in droves. We used the trip south to map one of the legs of our Walk for Peace & a Sustainable Future planned for October 11-20. We made it as far as Wayland, Massachusetts where we stayed the night at the home of a family friend. Then this morning we picked up the trip to Syracuse which took us another five hours.
Our plan is to drive back to Maine in the morning. More later on the court scene.
Update: The District Attorney didn't show up in court tonight so nothing got done except the judge ruling on my two motions which I had presented in advance. One of them was to consolidate all the trials of the 30-some folks arrested with me in 2013. The judge had previously ruled against that motion not wanting to give us the publicity of a big trial. So even though a bunch of individual trials is a pain in the ass for this small town court (the drone base is located in DeWitt which is a suburb of Syracuse) they have likely been told by the federal government not to give us such a platform. Thus DeWitt has the burden of all these individual trials. Bottom line is I have to come back again in mid-November unless the DA makes me an offer I can't refuse between now and then. Time will tell. In the meantime the saga continues of more time and expense to keep coming back to DeWitt. I should have asked the judge to dismiss the case tonight when the DA didn't show up but I didn't think of doing it until we were heading back to our hotel. That's what I get for being my own lawyer - a true hay seed I am.
NEXT GEN WARFARE
Warfare is going through its most significant change in human history. This is an in-depth look at how robotics is increasingly preventing soldiers from rich nations from dying in battle.
BIG BANKS DISINVEST IN AMERICA
Our economy has been slow to recover since the recession of 2008, and it turns out that one of the main reasons for that is because Wall Street is trying desperately to prevent it from happening. Ring of Fire's Mike Papantonio and attorney Mike Burg explain what’s happening.
It's quite clear that the oligarchy is disinvesting in American infrastructure - both physical and human. The consequence will be the escalating collapse of the nation.
Monday, September 01, 2014
THE TRUE PURPOSE OF NATO
Stop the War's John Rees on why Nato -- on the coat tails of the United States -- is such a threat to peace and how we can mobilise to stop the relentless drive for more war in Ukraine, the Middle East and beyond.
Sunday, August 31, 2014
VOICES OF THE PEOPLE
My favorite blog, The Vineyard of the Saker, got a ton of comments today from people after he posted a piece about how corrupt and weak EU politicians are. Some of the comments were priceless so I thought I'd share a few here. Most of them don't give names so I will just put what they wrote below. It's encouraging to see such political sophistication out there. What we need now is a unified anti-corporate strategy across the globe. A good start would be a global weekend of protest against NATO.
- Merkel, Obama, Poroshenko et. al. are dangerous - but as individuals they are merely instruments of capital.
- The current EU and Nato leaders are not of the "nation building" class, they attend for personal agendas such as money and power positions after their terms run out. Voters and elections are frowned upon as necessary evils in order to keep the cloak of democracy plausible.
- Read "The Making of Global Capitalism" by Panitch and Gindin. They're marxians but until the conclusion everything in the book is a matter of public record. A masterful academic work. Explains a few things, including how from Marshal Plan to the EU the US has been remaking Europe in its own image. The Fed & Treasury make the decisions, the EU implements them. That's what it's for.
- I am Romanian. Do you really think someone asked us, the people, what do we want, before joining the EU or NATO? All major decisions are taken by our corrupt, mafia-like "elite" who runs our poor country into the abyss of oligarchy, theft and moral destruction.
- In most cases the ringleaders of the eastern branch of the transatlantic Fourth Reich are unelected, or are not directly elected. They are also not appointed on their merits as would be the case in a proper monarchy, but are just party functionaries who advance on the loyalty to the cause ticket. Who elected José Manuel Barroso? Right, nobody did. President of the European Union is Herman Van Rompuy, he is a Belgian but I doubt many Belgians know who is.
- They [EU elites] are not stupid, they are whores, and they do superbly their job: to make sure Europe is kept down (the boot of the D-Empire). They are also cheap, I must add. Comparing how little they cost with the enormous benefits they bring to the master, you can't help but feel astonished. As for Europeans, their societies have been successfully destructured, almost completely. You need a miracle, by then, for a real Resistance to be born there, but miracles happen only where there is Faith.
- I'm from Macedonia, and here it is absolutely *impossible* to speak against the EU or NATO. The Soros foundation has its own papers that slam anyone who dares speak against NATO or the EU. The internet forums are awash with paid posters promoting 'EU values' even though no one is ready to define just what that even means, or engage in a meaningful discussion. There's a plethora of 'experts' paid by the Germans and the Americans to promote their points of view, and to slander whomever doesn't agree with the said views as 'Putinist' or 'Chavist'. It's like living under the communists all over again! Strike that - it's even worse! Brussels and Washington have bought the 'elites' and 99% of the journalists, and we're living under their dictatorship here!
- I am not sure that European politicians are clowns. They were put wherever they are by the Americans and they work for them best they can. They are increasingly successful in harming the economies of the countries they pretend to serve. They are good at that and therefore not clowns but successful traitors.
- This is very true and i can only think that the US are making 'all sorts' of promises to EU leadership or maybe its blackmail? All this NSA spying may have lead to a big fat folder with the peccadillos of EU leaders .. who knows. I live in europe and I can tell you I have never seen anything like this in my life, the sheer scale of lies is breathtaking, it is blatant war mongering, people are honestly getting a little scared, although I have also to say that the majority of people who watch politics know that this is all 'false flag' lies etc.
- I'll try to explain situation in Serbia. In coup d' etat, in October 2000, USA successfully installed puppet government with Zoran Djindjic as a prime minister. Every government from 2000 to 2012 pushed Serbia deeper into EU "friendly" hug. They, of course, deteriorated Serbia's armed forces, destroyed economy and totally devastated Serbia's capacity in any field (agriculture, industry, education, culture etc). We are now a bit more than a poor colony.
- Trust me, we realize how bad they are. It's just we're not sure how to get rid of them. It often feels like they've "kidnapped" the democracy somehow: no matter how awful things they do, no matter how many people hate them, they still keep winning every elections. And even if they don't win, their successors are even worse.
- Dear Saker, you have articulated exactly my thoughts, and I do try to say to my family & friends "look at these clots". Not only are they clowns but greedy, corrupt clowns. They are not all stupid however, and behind the clownish policies lies a sinister 'Common Purpose'. The circus in Washington is equally rich in puppets & clowns of the scariest, most dangerous variety.
- I'm British and don't consider myself European at all. I despise our so called 'leaders' and what they are dragging us into. Most British people only care about the latest Celebrity Big Brother episode. For example we have a program called Great British Bake Off and one contestants ice cream melted and this was the talk on social media and in the news for days. Most of the British public are apathetic to what our government are doing to them.
- How much longer will we be able to have the internet before the rebarbative powers take it away?
- The EU politicos true colors were shown when Evo Morales flight was intercepted. They lack backbone.
- "Freedom & democracy" are nothing more than a facade, behind which all heinousness is hidden. "Voters' choice" is no more than an illusion of free will of herded sheeple. So, what is the outcome you expect under such circumstances? I've no idea if it is known to everybody that EU was created by CIA? Ambrose Evans-Pritchard wrote a small piece about it for "The Telegraph" nearly 14 years ago.
- Everything is going to plan: soon in Wales they will decide to spend more on military to protect the countries bordering russia and in 3-6 months they will have convinced the european and american sheeple that a limited nuclear war with Russia will bring peace and stability.
- The US has never been in this situation in its whole history, never so weak in terms of wealth and clearly Bretton Woods is dead, the wealth is passing to the east .. they will not accept a diminution in their world status, I think they are pretty deluded at the moment and cannot see the writing on the wall, like a spoilt child they would rather scream, break their toys and throw them out of the pram than share them. How far to the brink are they really willing to go?
- At economic collapse, war is the option.
- Mr. Saker; they have discharged the insane from their hospital beds
- Lazy corporate media who make heroes out of villains
- Many people in Germany are aware of the stupidity and the betrayals perpetrated by our politicians. NOBODY really knows about Merkels real goals.
- Fallacies of US policy may be leading to war with Russia.
- Try to remember the wise words of Public Enemy - don't believe the hype.
- With [Ukraine's] military defeat looming and economic collapse pending and with the very real risk of gas supplies to Europe being interrupted in the autumn the Europeans have no answers. Politically as well as (probably) economically they are looking at a cold winter ahead.
- Collectively, we are the Germans of 1935. We have enough access to sufficient information to know what we are about to do. We will all say that we had no idea, that we are horrified to learn of our government's actions. Yet to protect ourselves and our children, we will empower the next wave of atrocities.
- The pro-American commentary on sites ranging from The Guardian to The Daily Kos has taken a noticeable turn in the direction of desperation, frenzy, hysteria, as months of blatant lies and propaganda have failed to gain traction among the masses.
- Most European politicians are American whores... I mean Atlanticists. That is why they were *allowed* by Uncle Scam to reach these positions of power in the first place! America's political subversion, agents of influence, and regime change operations aren't just targeted at the Third World or non-Western "enemy nations," they are even targeted at the USA's supposed "allies."
- Pro-Nazi Ukrainians and Ukrainian mafia are trying to stage a "Prague Maidan" at Prague's St. Wentzeslav square. They demand from the Czech government a "greater courage and will" against Russia.
- Let's face it. EU "leaders" are actually EU Department Heads. Eg. Merkel is head of Zionist State, EU Division, Germany Department. And the Department Heads will ultimately prioritize the well being of the US Regime above the well being of their own Department. (eg: the newly formed Ukraine Department)
- violence is the #1 tool of American foreign policy
- The bottom line of ongoing and coming conflicts is simply because Russia refuses to be 2nd citizen or junior partner with the West in current world. And, Russia has enormous amount of natural resource. This is just another round of attempt on Russia. And, this time Russia stands alone.
EXCELLENT SHORT FILM ON FERGUSON
Fault Lines traveled to Ferguson to witness the demonstrations and the subsequent heavy-handed police reaction - and to find out how Brown's killing sparked something bigger, exposing tensions that have been bubbling beneath the surface for years.
PROTESTS IN WALES
Some 400 people have joined a protest camp in Newport to protest against NATO. The march comes ahead of next week’s military summit that will see 60 world leaders descend on the area and is already causing considerable disruption to locals.
"Nuclear NATO - no, thanks!" or "Iraq, Ukraine - no more wars" read the numerous placards against the upcoming NATO summit.
Tens of thousands of people from across Europe and beyond are expected to join the protests during the NATO war summit.