Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Saturday, December 24, 2011

WHAT I WANT FOR XMAS

Here is my Christmas wish list......

  • I want the birds to live. I love birds.

  • I want this climate change to stop. Our weather in Maine is weird and getting weirder by the day. I've noticed neighbors planting banana trees and pineapple.

  • I want the public to turn off their TV's and hit the streets. Imagine how fun that would be.

  • I want the wars to stop - all of them.

  • I want to have a rail system that could take me anywhere I wanted to go. Each rail car with Wifi connection.

  • I want my local newspaper to be a newspaper again.....and print my latest Letter to Editor.

  • I want our Teabag governor in Maine to move to Jamaica.

  • I want there to be free health, dental, and mental health care for everyone. Pay for it with cuts in Pentagon spending.

  • I want Bath Iron Works to build rail cars and wind turbines which would mean they would have to hire more people.

  • I want the politicians to stop viewing their job as a career. Get elected, be real, and be done after one term. It's called citizen representative.

  • I want the children of the world to have a future.

  • I want to be able to watch baseball, basketball, and news channels on TV without having to pay $75 a month. I refuse to pay it.

  • I want the U.S. to close all our bases overseas. I want to Bring Our War $$ Home.

  • I want The Kinks to get back together - at least for one album. I would like for them to invite me to watch them make the record. Maybe let me sing backup and shake a tambourine too.

  • I want my son to not have to work so hard.

  • I want everyone to be happy. Can't we all just get along?

  • I want cars/trucks to vanish from the face of the Earth. I could live with motor scooters.

  • I want my feet to stop hurting after I walk a long distance. I love to walk.

  • I want the militarization of space to stop.

  • I want the aliens to come and tell us the whole story - who God is, how it all started, what happens when you die, and is it true that only the rich go to hell.

  • I want a new dog, preferably a Beagle, but for free and already house trained.

  • I want someone to come and take the things away from our house that collect dust. I am tired of stuff.

  • That should do it.....I don't want to be greedy.

2 Comments:

Blogger El said...

Fantastic. This does it for me too. In all things, peace. The end of all wars and a time-out for long contemplative thinking about what truly is necessary to maintain a quality of life, what truly is an important list as a 'to do' list for humans to maintain planet earth, and except for necessary conversations and safety, to put down the tech tools and actively talk with each other. Thanks Bruce.

12/24/11, 12:14 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I love you and your non-greedy ideas Brucey-Bruce! Merry Christmas to you and my Addams-Melman family. There is peace on earth and it begins with us. PS: I will try to take care of a couple of things on your wish list. Thank you for sharing!!

12/25/11, 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home