Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Monday, January 04, 2010

THINGS I WISH FOR IN 2010

* I would be happy to see the peace movement make greater connections between economic collapse at home and endless war. If we want the public to relate to us we need to be connecting the dots.

* I wish people who still are frozen by the razzle-dazzle of the magician would snap out of their sleep-walking stupor and see that Senior Obama is a fraud. You are not being "disloyal" by recognizing this, you would be in fact facing reality.

* Along with that, I wish "liberals" would also wake up and smell the coffee - take hold of your senses and recognize that our government is controlled by a corporate oligarchy. The two party (good cop-bad cop) game is theater.

* I wish so many "progressives" were not so timid......

* I wish activists would be willing to strategically plan more often rather than just react to the war machine.

* I wish the Democrats would acknowledge that they are largely go-along-to-get-along corporate stooges.

* I wish Republicans would just once try to win an election without lying.

* I hope that more people around the world begin to recognize that globalization is a code word for unrestrained corporate capitalism.

* I hope that more people around the world begin to recognize that the Pentagon is the military arm of corporate globalization. Particularly those who live in the USA.

* I wish the Palestinian people would get a fair shake for once from the corporate dominated media.

* I hope that the US does not use its new bases in Columbia to start a war with Venezuela, though I fear it will.

* I wish the people of the planet would collectively demand that all military spending be immediately stopped and instead be used for dealing with climate change, health care, clean water systems, education, and more....................

* I hope that NATO (the US proxy war tool) collapses.

* I wish automobile companies would make trains and bicycles rather than cars.

* I hope Obama's health insurance plan fails to pass and that Congress has to start all over again - we still want single payer and will not give up!

* I hope that all those from the Pentagon, NASA, FBI, and staffs of elected officials who read this blog are learning something from it.

* I wish that my favorite basketball team, the Washington Wizards, would trade everyone on the team and start over again.

* Spring training for baseball is only about six weeks away so I can begin to hope that my Baltimore Orioles will be a .500 team this year.

* I wish peace and good health for all my friends, and yes, even those who I am not particularly fond of.....I don't want to live in hate. After all, we are all connected at some level. Do unto others as you would wish them to do onto you......

* I wish I could think of more things but have probably lost all my readers by now anyway......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home