Organizing Notes

Bruce Gagnon is coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons & Nuclear Power in Space. He offers his own reflections on organizing and the state of America's declining empire....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brunswick, ME, United States

The collapsing US military & economic empire is making Washington & NATO even more dangerous. US could not beat the Taliban but thinks it can take on China-Russia-Iran...a sign of psychopathology for sure. We must all do more to help stop this western corporate arrogance that puts the future generations lives in despair. @BruceKGagnon

Saturday, December 29, 2007

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

I leave today for a speaking tour in Florida that will take me to Bradenton, Clearwater, Siesta Key, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, and Naples. It will be a bit of driving but that always happens when I return to Florida.

My talks will be largely featuring the space issue and each ending with my economic conversion message. Especially now, as concern intensifies about the impact of climate change, we need to be demanding Congress move funds from war making to building windmills, solar power, and mass transit systems. The vise is tightening around us and we need to make some noise.

I am scheduled to do four radio interviews during this road trip which is something I love to do. I was taught how to do radio by a local talk show host in Orlando during the early 1980's. A guy by the name of Clive Thomas used to have me on his show for three hours at a time and during the commercial breaks would make sure I understood how to handle the task at hand. It was great on-the-job training.

So I will be posting some reports from sunny Florida. It seems since I left Florida in 2003 that I've returned there more than any other place. Some folks living here in cold (and today raining) Maine wish they could come along for the sunshine. Frankly, even though I just love seeing old friends again I miss the cold weather after a day or so in the heat.

More later and best wishes in the new year to you. Let's hope that 2008 will be a better year, we sure could use one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home